life with an ostomy. candid, not sugar-coated. empowered, not embarrassed.

Apr 26, 2006

Unabashed Gut Spilling

In March I was interviewed about having Crohn's Disease for a health show on a local radio station. Click this here text to hear the 48-minute editted broadcast.

The interview was pre-recorded, and I didn't know when it was going to air. One day in late March I hopped into my car at about a quarter to the hour, and heard my voice over the radio... talking about poo and the like! God it was weird hearing myself going on.

A quick disclaimer: In retrospect, I realized I was bullshitting somewhat about the advances made in diagnostic procedures... I suggested they had changed since the '90s and then made reference to a small camera that people can swallow which takes pictures of one's intestinal tract. This, as far as I know has been invented but is not in common usage. I think I made it sound like this procedure is getting used a lot, and kind of feel like I have my head up my ass on this issue, so to speak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home