life with an ostomy. candid, not sugar-coated. empowered, not embarrassed.

Apr 23, 2006

Easy, breezy travel tale...

I just returned from out-of-town, and I was gone for 15 days total. Guess how many times I changed my flange. Guess. No really, guess. Once! How crazy is that? Of course, I changed my bag every couple of days as usual, but the flange must have been sealed by angels with ostomies. I changed my flange at home the day I left, then one week into the trip, and I will probably change it later on today.

This is one case where I am glad I didn't use everything I packed- I brought enough supplies to do a change every day (and based on past experience, that is not excessive or over-cautious... a trip to Florida a few years ago had me changing my bag daily)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home