life with an ostomy. candid, not sugar-coated. empowered, not embarrassed.

Mar 24, 2006

Crusty and Bitter

Is what that last entry sounds like to me. My mood this past week has been pretty bad. About a week ago, I started getting pain in my abdomen- it's Crohn's pain. I know what it feels like and it scares the hell out of me.

I've jumped back into a *kinda* strict diet. I never eat wheat anyway, but now I'm avoiding red meat, dairy, sugary or overly-processed stuff and am totally cutting out the deep-fried stuff (lies! I ate some Hari-Krishnan deep-fried potato dish yesterday). What am I eating? Rice, corn and soy-based stuff, nuts, seeds, veggies, fish, poultry, yoghurt, and lots of juice. And my loving boyfriend is mixing up a sludgy concoction of aloe vera juice, Udo's Ultimate Blend, Greens Rx and juice for me in the morning.

I'm also drawing the line at work. No more doing other people's jobs, no more working on the weekends, no more insanity.

This would be the second time in four years the pain has inched back into my life. I nipped it in the bud the first time and I'll do it again. Life without Crohn's Disease is too good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home