life with an ostomy. candid, not sugar-coated. empowered, not embarrassed.

Jun 14, 2006

Easier each time

Went to the public pool the other week with an old girlfriend of mine. Decided I might as well not be shameful about the fact I have a bag of poo hanging off me and while in the changeroom after swimming I proceeded to expose myself more or less fearlessly as I got myself dried and dressed. It's not like I was trying to make a point by strutting around the room and flaunting my bag to lots of gasping naked ladies. It was just me and my girlfriend, and I figured what the fuck?! as if this friend of mine is going to judge me. Well, she did.

I could see it in her eyes. She thought it was cool.

2 Comments:

Blogger Torild said...

You go girl:-)

3:20 a.m., June 26, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blog made me smile!

10:35 a.m., June 14, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home