life with an ostomy. candid, not sugar-coated. empowered, not embarrassed.

Mar 9, 2006

My Life Felt Over!

I argued with doctors, kept doing Internet research for some sort of viable alternative (all of which my doctors rejected), cried to my mom and boyfriend and a few friends, fought with my mom, cried, cried, cried, cried, hated myself, cried and scratched my wrists until they bled- becasue I needed some way to release the pain I was feeling inside. It was so difficult accepting that my body would never be the same again.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got the pink button, too, and have had it since
sept, 04. I had surprising cancer, rectal cancer, knew it ran in family, Dad, uncles, aunt, and grandpa all died of it, but the surprise was I was only 60 when diagnosed. Am not dealing too well with the bag, It's making me nutty. I admire how well you are handleing it. Love reading your posts, maybe I can get a handle on my situation thru you. Thanks=Love

10:25 p.m., May 03, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home